Friday, November 22, 2013

Believing You Are.....

Having the inclination to do something is one thing, but believing that you can do it is another!

One of my major struggles is believing that I can be something more than what I am. For the longest time I felt like I was just another person, like I wasn't anything special to anyone. Now, I realize that I was so far from the truth! I am much more than I thought.

I wrote the following poem for a friend who was struggling, and now, I realize that the words apply to myself as well.

Inside Me~

Somewhere inside me
A little voice cries
Telling me to breathe
To open my eyes.

Believe in something
Much bigger than you
Have faith in your life
To yourself be true.

Hang on to the good
Hold on to the right
Grasp all of your knowledge
And hold on tight.

Hold out your hand
And be open to all.
Be there when you should
When you hear them call.

Remember your virtues
Remember your friends
Remember the blessings
Just around the bends.

The war within you
Will some day cease
The pain and torment
Will turn to peace.

Hang on to your good
Hold on to your right
Let go of  your anger
Let your fear take flight.

Believe in yourself
Do not give up hope
I know you can do it
I know you can cope.

I know you can make it
I know you can
We'll do this together
Just take my hand.


Finding who we are and trusting ourselves to make the daily decisions that we have to make is something that can help make each day the most amazing. Believing that you are special, that you are loved, and that you are something worth the time of those around you not only boosts your spirits, but it helps those around you. You may ask, "How can this be true?" Even when you don't realize it, people are watching you, and they may even be imitating you! The example that you set, and the aura that you give off can affect those around you more than you know.

Believe that you mean something to someone. Believe that you are something much more amazing than you think. Believe that you can make a difference, because if you do, you will! Belief turns into faith, faith turns into action, and action turns in to results :)

Keep going! I know you can make it!

"Clap along if you know what happiness means to you"
~Pharrell Williams

Stay amazing!

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment