Monday, February 18, 2013

Simple Things

Swollen knees and crutches.... My new best friends!

This weekend, as I was playing Church basketball, and as I went to block the shot, I was pushed and fell on my feet... the only downside? I went down with straight legs! I was on the floor, unable to move for almost 5 minutes. When my mother was able to get me up, it was as if i was someone else. I couldn't move my legs at all. I was carried to a chair, where I was CONSTANTLY told "I love you! I hope that you will get better soon!!!" And now that I look back, I really needed those thoughts!

I have an Osteochrondral Knee Injury... Which means that I will be on crutches for almost 2 months...

It's going to be really hard for me! I will have to learn to accept to depend on everyone I know to help me through this! My athleticism is a major part in my life, and now I have to put it on hold. Something can be said about how sad I am that I will have to find other ways to exercise.

It's the simple things that mean the world to you when you don't have them!! Things seem different when one is dependant on others. You learn humility, and even learn to trust others as you have never trusted them before.

I will keep you updated as to my recovery!

Your friend,

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment