Monday, August 5, 2013

Youth Conference and Girls Camp 2013

Me at Niagara Falls
Ahhh... Where to begin?

I had the most amazing time in Palmyra, NY 3 weeks ago! Wow... It's already been that long?! That's insane! The Spirit that I felt there has been with me ever since... and I hope that I will never loose that feeling! So many beautiful thoughts and sights there that were felt and seen!

Here's a couple pics from the trip :)
The Hill Cumorah Monument
It's a Long Road in NY!

This is the Palmyra Temple in Palmyra NY

Seneca Lake swim time!


*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Now on to Girls Camp!

I have to admit, that it was the most Spiritual experience that I had had in all the 5 years I've been going to Camp... The feeling I got while we were driving down that dusty gravel road didn't leave me until we left the camp almost 6 days later... I felt warm and bubbly, happy and loved... All in the same moment!

This year was my first year as being a YCL, which is a Youth Camp Leader. I was in charge of teaching the 2nd year campers how to correctly put up and take down the flag. I also had the opportunity to teach the first year campers (including my lovely younger sister :) ) how to tie a Bowline knot, and Square knot, and a Double half-hitch... and lemme tell ya, it was rough! Keeping the attention of 28 12-13 year olds is hard!!!

I'd have to say the best prank that was pulled on me was the 3rd night at camp... My tent got silly stringed by 2 girls from my Ward... and I had to clean it all off! :D I was a little upset at first, but after a while, I went and talked to them and we laughed about it til 2 in the morning! :)

The most amazing thing that happened to me at Camp was probably what happened after breakfast on Saturday. As I was leaving the Lodge, a 3rd year (Non-Member) handed me a note... and as I read it, it hit me. I was being watched! And I didn't even know it! I'll share a part with you now:

" Hi. You don't really know me at all, but you are a really big inspiration to me. You're so confident and always willing to help...... You are also really pretty; outside, and from what I've seen, inside as well......Thank you so much for being my inspiration, my motivation, and role model..."

I never knew I was that cool! And I certainly never thought that someone would look up to me...

Stay amazing my friends!

~Me

No comments:

Post a Comment